Tonsorial conundrum...

If evolution were tangible, I would say that it would possibly bear witness to itself when a person undergoes personal growth. What do I mean by evolution? Well, M-W.com defines evolution as "a process of change in a certain direction." As they say, change is the only constant. And like anything living, hair is no different in that it continues to grow and grow (other than the fact that I believe it's actually "dead").
Why am I rambling on about "personal" growth? Well, in my International Political Economy (IPE) as well as International Economics classes, fashion was mentioned - on the same day! What's the probability of that? The sad thing is I could probably figure it out. In IPE, the professor mentioned that as a newly minted MBA in '82 he paid $175 for a (male) fashion service that took a lock of his hair and photo in order to determine the best color combinations and fashion sense to suit him based on his presentation style. The professor continued that the analysis even got to the nitty-gritty, including how far apart the pinstripe wales should be set, the amount of cuff a shirt should show under a jacket sleeve and even how many eyelets on his shoes should be peeking out under his pant cuff! Unfortunately, I believe old-age has set in and he didn't adhere to many of the suggestions, despite the costly assessment.
Well, the time comes to once again do something with my mop. Yes, yes, I know...one might be surprised that a fashion-oriented person such as myself actually doesn't do the best with maintaining his tonsorial duties. However, I find that I'm much too busy to keep up with the demands of the twice-monthly chore. Besides, I like to be creative with my hair (while I still have the chance!).
As usual, I tend to borrow generously from the pages of GQ magazine. The last haircut I went for was stolen straight from a Hugo Boss model (Sept. 2006 edition) . Despite my best attempts to explain how I wanted his look translated to my head, the stylist seemed to disappoint, as do most stylists. For some reason, many of them aren't very receptive to my taking color photos of the 'do that I want. Anyway, next on deck will be my most creative style since I went for the "faux-hawk" to pledge my unity to the World Cup this past summer.
Who knows, maybe after my module abroad to Prague, Czech Republic next semester I'll go for an even wilder style. For now, D&G will just have to "do."

1 Comments:
nice hooters...
11/15/2006 6:58 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home