12.23.2006

Snowed in!!!


The blizzard of '06 hit Denver in a very bad way. Just look at the pic of my Dad's house in Littleton! And of all the thousands of travelers who were stranded, I just had to be one of them. Fortunately for me, I was not one of the "trapped" travelers who had to spend two and even three nights at the airport. No, I was one of the lucky ones who had a nice place to stay. In fact, I was quite pampered at my Uncle Bruce's (small, but fabulous) home.

After boarding my flight from LaGuardia, once we were in the air, the pilot (with a cool British accent) notified the passengers that we would not make it to Denver. Since I was on a United flight, he opted to land in Chicago since it's the largest hub closest to New York. Talk about a long flight! Since we had just refueled, we had to circle around the city several times in order to burn off the necessary fuel to achieve the right air weight.

Once we landed, I stood in line for seven hours to only get a standby ticket for the 22nd. The ticket agent was friendlier to me since I spoke Spanish. After that I rented a car and headed to the home of my aunt and uncle in New Lenox, IL. Every time I go to their home, I'm so impressed with the latest upate to their house. This time, they had added a new wooden covering to their patio deck. And the cool thing is that my uncle does all of the work himself, and I mean he does top notch work.

I'm still debating whether I like the kitchen or the living room more. Each has its own style, with extra special attention paid to the details. The next big project is fixing up his office. He already bought the furniture - he plans to make it into an old style office from 1906. The man has so many (cool) ideas.

Although it's been great catching up with them, I'm dying to get home. I haven't seen my brother since August and I only got to spend a few moments with my sisters on 12/16. More updates on this surprise adventure to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home