Romanzo Criminale

Today as I was jotting down some ideas for my next article for Das Tor, I decided that my fashion knowledge has "culminated" to the point that I'm going to write an article on fashion. As I flipped through the pages of GQ magazine, Esquire magazine and "The Style Guy" (the book by fashion writer Glenn O'Brien) I realized that of all fashion and style that I'm most drawn to, it has to be that of the Italians. As I mentioned in my prior post about the tag line of Pellegrino (Whatever language you speak, live in Italian), I think it's necessary to understand the language to get as much out of the culture as possible. Of course, fashion plays a big part of Italian society.
I then was thinking about all of the Italian influences that I've been exposed to. I remember that last August I went to Cineforo, an international film center in Guadalajara, Mexico and saw a great Italian movie called "Romanzo Criminale." There is one scene in the movie where one of the main characters, Libano, is wearing an incredibly well-fitting shirt. At that point I contemplated how I would get myself to Italy. It looks like the opportunity will come this May, right after I finish a six week study abroad in Prague. A domani...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home